Friday, May 18, 2007

God

There is a God. He is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. He rules over the world as he created it: with his love and tender care. No human can understand Him fully, though many have tried. All that we can do is dedicate our lives to serving the Creator as He has called us to do. To do this we must put aside our human airs and errors. This is not easy. No one is sinless. And yet, it is not impossible. Through the grace of God, we can overcome the struggles of life and sin.

Today, I started reading C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters. It involves a series of letters from an elder demon to his nephew, who is engaged in the process of deceiving a human to sin. These letters are almost comedic in their straightforwardness and candor about the human condition. Through them, I have been given a glimpse of the absurdity of our position.

On this blog and in other places I have made comments that are hurtful. I am not showing Christian love to people. "This is my command: Love each other." This is the greatest commandment, and the hardest to follow.

Goodnight.

1 Comments:

pianochick_92 said...

Wow Mos. That's really deep. Seriously. Wow. Gosh, I don't know what to write. But that's REALLY deep. I hafta read that book.