Sunday, December 21, 2008

Finding Jesus in London

London's impressive bid to become the world's most secular city looked promising only a decade ago. But no longer. Britain's capital has quickly become the second most devout area in the country. Trinity Brompton Church, located between the famed department store Herrod's and that monument to secular humanism, the Natural History Museum, has 15,000 members, a figure which has tripled in the last twenty years, with an average age of 27. 



In addition, I love this video because any rock song is better with the addition of harmony and a mandolin. 


4 Comments:

Audrey said...

My computer won't let me view the video on your blog. What is it called (so I can go look it up on YouTube)?

lizz said...

Sorry Mos, I would'nt consider that a rock song. More like a country song.

Sola Gratia said...

Sorry, Audrey; the video has unfortunately been taken down because of a copyright claim. *Sigh* You can hear the regular version (I think) by searching for "old enough raconteurs" on YouTube. It was a great arrangement of the song with a mandolin player. And Liz, it was a little country-ish, but that just makes it better! Wasn't it amazing? Wait...How did you see it if Audrey couldn't?

Audrey said...

Sorry, I couldn't find it.