Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What a week...

I tell you, I'm drained, and the week is only half over. First, on Sunday, the Packers lost. That was a complete surprise, and I was surprised how much it hurt. Second, Fred Thompson, the strongest Conservative candidate, dropped out of the race. That, of course, is bad news, but it didn't really affect me; I guess some part of my unconscious mind knew the improbability of him becoming the nominee, and compensated. I'm still sad, and Lord knows he was the best candidate, but Romney and Huckabee are more electable, and perhaps better Presidents if not better Conservatives. Any Republican is better than a Democrat, but most Republicans are better than Rudy Giuliani and John McCain. I swear, I wish they would switch parties.

And then Heath Ledger has to go and die. I swear, it's like these people choreograph or something! Sadly, he left behind a two-year-old daughter. What a shadow to have hanging over you! I mean, she'll get into school and the other kids will say things like, "Oh, so you're the one whose Dad OD'd?"

I'm already worried about my driver's license test, which doesn't make me very confident of my mental stability as the date draws nearer. Valentine's Day, for those of you who don't know, in Rice Lake.

*Sigh*

0 Comments: