Saturday, July 7, 2007

Finally...

Well, things have been pretty hectic around here. We've finally started moving in to the new house! I woke up this morning and the living room was basically empty--all that was left were a few shelves and the TV. But here I am, anyway. By the way, Rens, are you able to see the videos I posted earlier? I posted them on Mom's laptop, and then I found out that you can't play them on our normal computer! I think it's because we have Firefox. While I'm thinking about computers, I had Sean over on Sunday and he took the hard drive of our broken computer with him, to see if he could fix it by reinstalling the operating system.


Anyhoo, who's ready for another blistering expose on a prominent Senator? Oh, me! Me!

THE TEN WORST POLITICIANS [I USE THE WORD LOOSELY] ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH

3. ROBERT "SHEETS" BYRD, SENIOR SENATOR FROM WEST VIRGINIA

West Virginia rarely gets any publicity, and I think that's why they keep electing Robert Byrd. Another possible reason is that it is the last holdout of the Dixiecrats--the racist, bigoted angry white people; one of which Senator Byrd is proud to be.

Most people--well, most SANE people--would think twice about running for office with a record like Senator Byrd's. And yet he is now the longest-serving member of the Senate, having served since 1959. Isn't that hilarious? My grandparents couldn't have been much more than twenty-five at the time.

So, what's so checkered about Robert Byrd (aside from the fact that he is, as they say in Britain, a Lib Dem)?

Well, for starters, he was a member of the Ku Kulx Klan (hence the nickname "Sheets") and he filibustered against the Civil Rights Act, like several other Dixiecrats and other racists, such as Number Two on our list.

Would a Republican have gotten away with that? You bet your butt he wouldn't! He would have been plastered.

Another smudge on Byrd's record is his being the Head Hocho of the Congressional "Earmarxists."

What is an earmark? It is a small clause stitched into a bigger bill, like a War Funding Bill, that says something like "And three million dollars shall go to the study of bovine sleeping habits at the University of Pensacola." Robert Byrd is the king of earmarks. There is no complete list, because he covers his track jealously, but the amount of money he has "appropriated" for his state and friends has to be in the billions.

For more information, check his completely biased Wikipedia article. Near the bottom is a list of places named after Robert Byrd, like that "Robert Byrd Magnetotron" and the "Robert Byrd amusement park ride." (Just Kidding.) Anyway, I'll be back later with Number two.

1 Comments:

Your Conscience said...

My arms are sore from cutthroat tubing... yes we could see Darth Farkus.